Sunday, October 19, 2008

I think maybe I should really tone it down a tad

On our way home in the train, from bukit batok to wdlds...

Mum sat next to one old aged uncle around his 50s or 60s, and uncle had moved slightly to an empty seat besides him so that I can sit down with my mum. It was very kind of him but there was one young kid in his teens or early 20s playing his PS2 too engrossed (or too bochap) raised his right foot over his left thigh, 'blocking out' one empty seat. This kid totally ignored uncle's request for him to put his foot down. Only after moments of hesitation, this brat finally brought down his foot and continue to play his hand held game. I had already witness this but since he had decided to sat himself properly, I kept quiet.

Within the next 5 seconds, this spoilt brat raised up his foot again and I lost it. I totally cannot tolerate people who do that and actually many times I had told a few guys off too in the train when they do that because their shoes tend to rub off my pants and I hate it when that happens - executive wearing adults or guys in their sports wear heading to school or idiots in their berms & slippers weekends, i have seen them all. To me, it is the equivalence of some ladies who love to cross their legs and leg out obstructing the walkway, in a crowded train - I would usually walk right pass them and leave them bitching behind.

So back to this morning's saga....

"HELO, do u have any manners to just put your leg down?"..... of cos, with this I knew I had started a war in the train. That spoilt brat's equally irritating sister started finger pointing and his another female family member, could be the mother starting trying to reason things out, and other passengers inside the train started speaking up for that uncle... The next thing i saw, that brat wanted to challenge another elderly man to a fight, shouting and hand gestures and all... since I am in my gym wear, I thought I can also put some of my worked out muscles to use... Of cos, in the end, there wasn't any blood shed or any hard punches.

I had didn't want to create a scene or 'act hero' but this encounter is not the first time where I got really hot tempered and just felt that I need to speak up (it had happened since school days where my lovely classmates would know what temper I had before and since my clubbing days at the pubs, even the gay ones...) I cannot just pretend that I don't see anything and try to ignore, there is this inner me that will just demonstrate his kaypoh-ness when situations arise. I tot I have tamed down a lot over the years but I think I haven't... I got to stop.

Maybe I need to learn to tolerate, control and learn to become more bo-chap, or be at peace with myself more. ONLY IF I could ever be able to come to term with myself and convince myself that when I do meet some bloody idiots and they had irritated me or said some really nasty things to me, I have to forgive them and pray for them to be good.

And well, that will be salvation day, you mother fuckers!

7 comments:

Buaya said...

Think it might have something to do with work frustrations? My temper also getting bad to worse nowadays...

But kids nowadays... really no 教养. Very bad... reflective of society these days...

Anonymous said...

alamak ! the boy not cute right ! ..

burn them all to hell ! .. lolz ...

seriously, sometimes ppl are just too self centred and inconsiderate.

jiggly

Cupooftea said...

i am in total support to put your muscles to REal good use!!!! :D

Ah Kiong said...

If i were to really document all my nasty encounters it will likely be on an average, one per day leh.....

teenage girl pretending to study nails, ignoring a pregnant lady right in front of her...

group of teenage guys and girls standing right at the escalator blocking the way... U get a loud TSK when u walk right passed them...

and many more.... what's happening to this country!?

Sometimes I really wish i drive....

Soo said...

i share your frustrations totally! people just do not care. very self-centred. i want to shake them to their senses so badly. but do they have any sense at all? driving will not make you less vexed, might be worse. the drivers here are rude as well. we really need to do something about ourselves. i have already received feedback/comments from foreigners living here saying they wish singaporeans are friendlier. oh well.

fyen said...

i think it is easier for us girls to tell off rude people than for guys...i have told off a few on mrt and buses and usually they are not so confrontational. still, it is very irritating to encounter them...

Ah Kiong said...

I keep meeting these things

Am I just sway or what huh....