Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hassle free my Ass!

Hi Xxxxx

I have had an extremely unpleasant encounter with your staff at CWP CXXXXX recently.
I know this marks the end of my support for CXXXXX but I would like to see some justice done before I actually go public with the media of my most unsatisfying experience with your store.


A year ago 09 July 2005 I bought a vacuum machine cost S$98.00/= at CWP CXXXXX and just barely into my first year of usage the machine had become faulty - the wire "auto-recoil" on its own whenever my parents uses it. So thinking that since I have bought the 1 for 1 Exchange coverage plan, I would be able to actually get myself a new replacement (as stated in your marketing brochure) since it is obviously a mechanical fault on the part of the machine. But due to many previous unpleasant encounters with CXXXXX which I shall not elaborate further in this email, I have decided that it would be wise for me to make a trip down to CXXXXX first and explain my situation to your staff before I actually bring the physical machine down for an exchange.

I was first directed to staff A from the vaccum machine department and because he was not in any authority to make any decision, he had to consult his senior colleague staff B. Staff A came back to me awhile later saying that the machine is not exchangable unless the machine is totally broken down. I was shocked. I requested to speak to the store manager whom did not appear and instead staff B came along and explain to me that the wire recoiling back on its own is not consider a mechanical fault, only when the machine had totally broken down can I bring the machine back for an exchange. By now, I had again requested to speak to the store manager because in the first place I should not have to be explain anything at all to any staff in CXXXXX for my exchange as stated in your marketing brochure that 1 for 1 Exchange Coverage is supposed to be "Hassle free exchange" and a "Total peace of mind", I see no reason for me to go into any form of explanation, and I still did not get to speak to the store manager. None of the staffs had bother to explain to me why the store manager is not able to come forward.

A staff C had been directed to me this time Mr XXX, again he was telling me that the machine is not consider faulty because the wire recoiling back on its own is not consider a mechanical fault and is not exhangeable. In my opinion if this is not consider a mechanical faulty then what is it? Staff C then insist that the machine failure has to fall under the criteria of "mechanical failures" which these criteria is not stated in your marketing brochure, then can I bring it back for an exchange. To me, if I had not purchased a machine with a wire auto-recoiling function, then it is not what I had desired to have in the first place, and if this do not warrant to be a mechanical failure, please explain to me what is it supposed to be? An added value? I do not suppose so.

I would not have signed up this 1 for 1 Exchange Coverage if I had know that I would have to go through so much trouble and hassle to just get my vacuum machine exchange. What about these promises that CXXXXX had stated in the marketing brochure, "Instant replacement if your product becomes faulty", "No need to wait for repairs", "Hassle free exchange" and "Total peace of mind"? Are these really just empty promises or part of CXXXXX promotion gimmicks to cheat its customers into getting the additional coverage and later not have the decency to meet up to its promises and responsibilities?

And to add salt to my wound, the remark I get from Mr XXX was "It is just $10." after I requested for him to double check for me how much I had paid for this 1 for 1 Exchange Coverage in 2005. Which sensible and professional selling retail assistant would pass such a remark to an already unhappy and frustrated customer in front of many other queueing customers at the cashier during your peak hour Sunday evening around 830pm to 9pm? Is this the kind of response I am suppose to receive?

I will be bringing my vacuum machine down to CXXXXX CWP this coming week according to Mr XXX's advise however I will be expecting a satisfactory outcome. It is not possible for me to be bringing down that vacuum machine all the to the store and have to bring a faulty one back again!

I am so very upset with the way CXXXXX had dealt with my problem and most of all disappointed with the way your marketing materials are produced blindly. I certainly hope for a reply from you asap and if at any point I felt that I am being treated with disrespect again at the store I will not hesitant to bring this matter to the papers or the media, as I do not want any other customers to experience what I have experienced myself.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

just tell them the sales person last time tell you the auto recoil works on a mechanial mechanism, thats why you bought the 10 dollars "hassel free" exchange service. Act blonde, play dumb, say you bought it for your mummy during her birthday .. act like a poor boy ...

the nicer you are to the sales people, the more you take them down a guilt trip (coz its their job to service customers), then the more you get things done your way.

it always works for me .. giggles ...

covantai said...

This is atrocious! Send your complaint to CASE and the newspapers forum (ST, Stomp etc). Make sure their Corporate Communications personnel reply to you via the print media. These staffs need to be disciplined and you have to exert your consumer rights. No need to wait for their responses or end of the week. Go public now!

Cupooftea said...

i agree, no need to act coy. This is a good case!

Ah Kiong said...

Today the staff called me back and said that they will be looking into the matter and update me later. Still I get NO reply from their PR department. Had enuff of their nonsenses and just think it is ridiculous to be printing flowery words just to draw customers - to me its a scam!

Very typical of them to promise u the heaven and later cant deliver >: (

Buaya said...

Yeah... if they didn't call, write to ST!! :p

Anonymous said...

this is life..no point getting agitated over it. So what if you finally get a replacement? The amount of time and hassle that you have to go through is just not worth it.
To let others know of such things,ut how many of them? Forgive and forget :-)
Vincent

Ah Kiong said...

uncle vincent ah?
hihi ... how's the rain in london?
;)

Anonymous said...

i oso agree with gigolo leh, but u must have secret weapon on hand - u MUST CRY in public at the CWP outlet in such a woeful manner so that the whole CXXXXX will know!!!! ;p
(frosty)

Ah Kiong said...

lol...........

u know me la i will rather show them the middle finger then act vulnerable... cannot la... hahaha...
going to get my old machine exchange for a new one later today... They've agreed to my change but stil there was no reply or watsoever to my queries. You cannot put up empty promises in your brochures and lure ppl to buy your goods, you MUST be able to meet up to your own claims.

One of my favourite stores to shop is Robinson's. They have excellent customer service and they will go the xtra mile just to keep u happy. I once heard that you can purchase a marker at $1 ten years ago and bring it back for exchange for a brand new one today if u claim it to be faulty. A little extreme but I think thats how far they will go....