Monday, June 01, 2009

US gay men mostly getting HIV from main partners

As much as possible I would like to not mention design in this blog but I cant help but to post these posters. I think they are excellent, so direct and effective. I m speaking from a gay man's point of view, I can so relate to it.

They are clear in their message w/o being crude with the visuals. No beautiful boys posing silly looking pretty for the sake of being pretty, and they uses real people san-makeups or hairstyling.

The tagline is often the make or break factor to a campaign and this one absolutely caught my attention. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW?" I am a sucker for out-of-the-box solutions and because often in local commercial art, your sales will be caught up with proper English so that they can sell a concept to clients. I have had enough of "Does it read right?", "Do people get it?", "Something's not so smooth with the way it's being phrased" blah blah blah.... To hell with those. I m more concern with making people think after reading than, with the politically correct presentation of the wordings.

Of cos, with such tasteful use of typography, it's just great icing on the cake.





No comments: